Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oscar Parties

I just want to post this here as I don't have email for all the crew anymore.
Ross Murray is sending out an APB to anyone thinking about coming to LA during Oscar week.
I hope as many of crew can join us , though i understand its expensive in these recessionary times.
You are all with us in spirit at least -

Hi Everyone,

Just to keep you all updated with the situation in regards to the Oscars on 7th March.

We've made an application for extra tickets for the ceremony itself but have been told not to expect any more than the nominee & guest already afforded to us.

We've been in touch with Jonathan Loughran in the IFB and he is looking at organising something over in Hollywood on the night of 7th March. This would be for friends, family and crew of the different Irish projects that are nominated this year.Will keep you all posted on this.

If you are planning on heading over for the few days, we're told that alot of the Irish group would be staying at the Grafton (www.graftononsunset.com). In regards to dates etc, its up to yourself to decide how long you want to stay over, but we suggest being in town from 4th (the Oscar Wilde event is on that evening http://www.us-irelandalliance.org/wmspage.cfm?parm1=1114) until 8th or so.

Please feel free to pass this mail onto any other crew members........

All the best,

The Saloon

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really great and considerate of you guys. Wish I could make it, but I'm tangled up in projects.
    Best of luck and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could be there!!!
    Can you ask Zachary Quinto (Spock in the new Star Treck) to teleport us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to convince my mam and dad to take me. NO LUCK so far ! Ah well ! my voice will be with you all

    luv Christen. Xx

    ReplyDelete