Friday, March 05, 2010

Academy Symposium




Last night I attended a symposium in the academy for the animated feature directors.
It was and is surreal and overwhelming to be there, I felt very grateful and very proud to be
there with some of my all time animation heroes.
Pete Docter, John Musker , Ron Clements and Henry Selick are true masters and all very, very gracious , generous and friendly .
Tom Sito was a fantastic compere as well , funny and he seemed to make every one relax .
It was fascinating to hear the work practices and experiences he shared with the other nominees, I
felt as though I was sitting amongst animation royalty.
I'm still pinching myself to check this is all really happening.

5 comments:

  1. Is it a stretch to think you take home an Oscar? I don't think so. I hope you win so I don't have to travel to NYC to see this masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved to stand among those legends, although you are already a legend at the BCFE. I think everybody is scriblling harder and longer in their sketchbooks these days :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tomm - it's Lindsay from WNBC in New York - good luck with the film and the Oscars on Sunday. Here's the link to the interview (video is at the bottom of the page). Hope you like. Cheers!

    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/The-Secrets-of-Kells-Revealed-86341612.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tomm, this is Marie from Paris, ( Glénat translation) I am so thrilled and happy to see you so close to the Oscar, we'll keep our fingers crossed here because your wonderful film does deserve it!

    ReplyDelete