Friday, March 05, 2010

Academy Symposium

Last night I attended a symposium in the academy for the animated feature directors.
It was and is surreal and overwhelming to be there, I felt very grateful and very proud to be
there with some of my all time animation heroes.
Pete Docter, John Musker , Ron Clements and Henry Selick are true masters and all very, very gracious , generous and friendly .
Tom Sito was a fantastic compere as well , funny and he seemed to make every one relax .
It was fascinating to hear the work practices and experiences he shared with the other nominees, I
felt as though I was sitting amongst animation royalty.
I'm still pinching myself to check this is all really happening.


  1. Is it a stretch to think you take home an Oscar? I don't think so. I hope you win so I don't have to travel to NYC to see this masterpiece.

  2. Well deserved to stand among those legends, although you are already a legend at the BCFE. I think everybody is scriblling harder and longer in their sketchbooks these days :D

  3. Hi Tomm - it's Lindsay from WNBC in New York - good luck with the film and the Oscars on Sunday. Here's the link to the interview (video is at the bottom of the page). Hope you like. Cheers!

  4. Hello Tomm, this is Marie from Paris, ( Glénat translation) I am so thrilled and happy to see you so close to the Oscar, we'll keep our fingers crossed here because your wonderful film does deserve it!