Saturday, November 20, 2010

Japanese Screenings

Well here I am with young Ben in Osaka Japan. We have some screenings here as part of the European Film festival. We've never been to Japan before it was as amazing and overwhelming as I expected yesterday , walking around with jetlag!
Luckily we hooked up with an old Ballyfermot college pal - Dave "Yer man in Japan" McDermott who was a able to give us a fascinating insight into the place as we walked around the Osaka castle and city centre.
He is a fluent speaker of Japanese and  had an interesting insight into the difference between cultures because of language. He feels Japanese people think much more visually because their language is pictorial . It would explain the fact that comics and animation are so much more part of mainstream culture here .

We have the first Japanese screening that I've been aware of today, I hope we get a good crowd and that they enjoy the film. Having been compared to Japanese animation so often in the States it will be interesting to see what Anime fans make of it here!

2 comments:

  1. just re-watched the film today (with my family this time) and i know they'll be impressed.

    have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sir,

    My self Nitin Jadhav , i am animator from India and very big fan of cartoon saloon, plz visit my blog

    http://funtoonmetion.blogspot.com/p/animation.html

    ,and give me your valuable feedback

    Thanx

    Nitin Jadhav

    funtoonmetion@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete